FENCE BOARD GREY DRESSERS - working with what you have






I had a pair of these smaller dressers. They had a hard
glossy white finish that was in pretty good shape that I was going to work with. The drawers however had gold detailing around the edge that I was going to change.







I added small cabriolet legs to each dresser before I started to
 paint the drawers in a custom grey, mixed from Annie Sloan
 paints. I left them to dry over night.

***********************************************************




To get the grey weathered board look on the drawers took 2
 easy steps. I removed half of the grey paint by using a moist
 scrubby sponge and washed each face length wise. I let them
  dry again before waxing the the drawer fronts with Annie
 Sloan clear wax. Once the wax was dried and buffed I
 scrubby length wise again to remove some more of the grey
 paint. Each step removes the paint in a slightly different way
 and creates a unique weathered board look.


I uses 12 French provincial handles sprayed in a
bright white oil base paint.


 I love how the strong grey stands next to the bright white.


****************************************************

Stop into FIRSTFINDS HARDWARE STORE to see
if we have any vintage hardware for your next project. 

     
CLICK EACH PHOTO FOR MORE INFORMATION



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware