WATERFALL HIGHBOY - turquoise and white with numbers





I usually start by looking at a piece of furniture and determine whether it has a masculine or feminine feel. In my opinion most waterfall dressers feel very masculine and great to refinish for boy's rooms. 






However for this dresser I liked the soft beachy themed, 
more feminine waterfalls pinned on-line, so I tried it!
The before pic of this dresser must have gotten washed out to 
sea while I was painting it cause I just can't find it for this post. It did have 2 handles per drawer that I ended up replacing with the glass knobs. That meant filling in 20 holes.

I have written a tutorial on filling holes here:


COLORS
The drawers are painted a very soft turquoise, a custom ASCP mix. Sorry I can't offer a recipe as I have tons of pots with different blue and turquoise concoctions I have mixed stacked on the counter.

MIXING TIP 
When you want to mix a pale color start with a white base and add small amounts of color to it mixing as you go. Inside your mixing container there isn't much light so to see the true color so be sure to pull the paint out as you are mixing to get a better idea of how it's coming along.

The numbers are stenciled with ASCP Graphite
and the body is finished in ASCP Pure White.

************************************************************


I have a Pinterest folder devoted exclusively to waterfall highboy dressers: 
There are a few there that are totally amazing, check it out.





Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware