BUILDING A FOOT STOOL - grain sack fabric and tips












I found a new magazine at the drug store recently. For me a new magazine means shutting out the world and enjoying some quiet time in a comfy chair with my feet up.



  

 When I arrived home I decided to start flipping through the
 new magazine. That's the moment it happened ...... I flipped
 to the next page and saw some vintage foot stools that I
 adored and then the whole plan came into my head how to
 make my own. All the wood parts I used had been salvaged
 from different furniture pieces. To build the frames I used
 thick 1" plywood and vintage tapered legs. 

 

Plywood is strong and thick plywood can take a lot of weight.
My legs were attached either with threaded metal plates
 screwed to the plywood .... 

  
or they were bolted through the
 plywood making the legs permanent once upholstered.

 
******************************


I also added decorative pieces between the
permanent legs I bolted in place.



***********************************





  

  

How I upholstered these stools can be read here:


Next time you see a little set of legs at a yard sale 
or thrift store think twice before you pass by.


********************************
Advertisement
vintage switch plates
 vintage hardware


Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware