THE FRENCH SIDE TABLE - made with long legs




Happy New Year!

GG and I enjoyed our Christmas with my family again this
year, unfortunately we don't get to spend anytime with his
family and grandchildren on the east coast. We do have plans
to see them again this summer, but for now it is time to get
back to work and focus on planning that trip. One week into
2016 and I have a new project finished and ready to share with
you, a french side table I built.





While packing up the holiday decorations I kept stumbling across
 a little white box cupboard I had leftover from another project.
All it took was to find four long legs to attach to the underside.


The wood legs I used I bought at a charity building supply store.
 They were used and had to be trimming to fit but then just glued
 and screwed into place from underneath.


    

I brushed painted it with AS Pure White using a
new brush my loving GG gave me for Christmas.

   

The cabinet originally had a small handle that mounted
 horizontally. I thought something vertical would be
more appealing so I installed a fancy replacement.


I lightly hand sanded the unwaxed paint with a 
220 grit sandpaper creating a lovely edge distressing.


The final step was to wax with AS clear wax from top to bottom, 
protecting the paint and creating a silky soft finish.



BEFORE                      AFTER

*****************************************************
Be Sure to 
Stop in to see what's new in shabby chic hardware available at

There are thousands of pieces of vintage hardware to choose from



 

  


Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner



Pin It Now!

Email your Questions or Comments

Name

Email *

Message *

POPULAR ARTICLES

Your first stop for vintage hardware